It’s also published as a Google Chrome extension.
Use it—because it’s awesome sauce.
PosteRazor must be the greatest thing since sliced bread.
The PosteRazor cuts a raster image into pieces which can afterwards be printed out and assembled to a poster.
Yep, that’s right, you can assemble a poster from copy paper on the cheap. But “how can I avoid the ugliness of scotch tape and paper curl?” you might ask. Good question!
I found 8.5x14 legal sized sheets with removable adhesive backing from onlinelabels.com which would let you slap your paper right onto the painted wall surface — no tape, no curling. Woohoo!
I’ve been following along mobile navigation options on the twitters and came across some interesting approaches to solving this UX issue.
This option makes use of the :target CSS pseudo-class selector, which
lets you style elements referenced by the URL
It’s a CSS-only solution that works on most modern browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE 9+), however, it is currently incompatible with Opera Mobile since the :target CSS doesn’t seem to trigger a page update. Doh!
Cool, huh? Bravo to Aaron Gustafson for coming up with the solution. Hopefully an Opera Mobile workaround will be available soon.
Instead of using a select drop-down on narrow screens, why not recreate the experience with toggleable blocks that you style your way?
Interesting alternative to using the somewhat awkward select drop-down. Maybe I’ll give it a shot.
As Brad Frost points out in his responsive navigation patterns article, small screens make designing a usable menu difficult.
For a large site with lots of menu items (e.g. a resource site) how do we cram it all into a usable menu with a good mobile UX?
It’s tempting to just take the “easy route” to mobile menus and use native select (dropdown) menus. While it’s snappy and usable, it’s a little disorienting as it removes the user from the look and feel of your website.
I came across this drill down menu from 2009 and think it might work well on a small screen. I haven’t tried it out yet, but nothing else looks promising at the moment.
After updating to the latest Octopress source and styles, colorbox was severely broken due to some uncommon styles used on the body element in the default Octopress theme.
I finally ended up replacing colorbox with lightly (5KB source). While it doesn’t have many features, it did seemingly solve my problems.
Apologies in advance if you’re viewing this site on IE < 8.