Web Developer, University of Washington, 2010–Present
- Replaced prior content management system with a modern, visually pleasing, and accessible Drupal 7 site
- Implemented a custom responsive web design to enhance user experience and visual impact
- Collaborated with internal team members to deliver engaging and informative content to prospective students, their family, high school counselors, and the general public
- Carefully crafted accessible templates and text/multimedia content
- Supported internal staff — provided an intranet site, web publishing, and solved various technical issues
Webmaster, Acne.org, DanielKern.com, 2004–2010
- Designed and maintained Acne.org, a skin care website.
- Designed and maintained DanielKern.com, an online store which sells skin care products for the Acne.org brand.
- Responsible for server administration, including: managing user accounts and email accounts, scheduling cron jobs, and installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting server-side applications.
- Created web-optimized images with Adobe Photoshop.
- Designed labels for cosmetic products with Adobe Illustrator.
- Assisted with inventory management and customer service.